Thursday, August 4, 2011

My First Day!

It wasn't a perfect day but pretty good. I have felt so tired. I did give into some caffeine. That I will have to slowly cut out. Anyway, here was my diet today: Triomax (blend of carrot, beet, and barley juice raw and dehydrated) 8oz, about 2 cups of sliced strawberries with avocado chocolate pudding on top, sliced cucumber, & salad with honey mustard. That was the raw part, now the not raw part was a little fish and some nondairy ice cream, just a little tiny bit. It is very satisfying so a little goes a long ways. So like I said not perfect. I plan to make raw flax crackers and raw corn tortillas tomorrow. I will try to post my recipes.
I guess I should add a little about myself. I am about 16 weeks along in this pregnancy. I usually gain too much. I have a record of my weight from the last 5 and I am about 10-15 lbs over where I should be right now. That is a sad place to start. Even that is not a weight I am happy with, I am just comparing to my best pregnancy for that. My last 5 children have been homebirths! I love homebirth! 3 have been waterbirths, love that too! I love learning about the Lord and how to please Him with my life. I love learning about health and am always seeking more on that. I do finally feel I have arrived though with raw food. I do feel it is right. I don't feel anyone has to be raw 100%, the Bible talks about bread, and Jesus ate fish. However our conditions now are not the same as then either. The bread I eat I make, grinding my own wheat and using honey for the sweetener. Our fish in stores are full of mercury, our meat, milk, eggs, cheeses, are full of hormones and antibiotics (no wonder we're all immune to antibiotics), and even our produce is grown in poor soil and covered in pesticides. So we really have to take our health into our own hands and do the best we can with what we have. I think that is enough ranting for now. I get really passionate about this because I have seen the results of poor eating and our wonderful bodies that God created and how they are self healing if we only do what is right!
Well, I am looking forward to a new day to serve the Lord! I hope to start it with morning devotions and prayer. Jesus is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment