Thursday, August 4, 2011

This time will be different!

Okay so I'm going to let you in on a little secret.....I'm pregnant with our 8th child and want to do things different this time. So how am I going to do it? By changing the way I eat. How we eat affects everything, our mood, weight, & especially our health. I believe that the Lord gave us amazing bodies that can heal themselves if given the right fuel. I have seen it over and over again. Raw food is the best source of nourishment for our bodies, living food for living bodies!
I have been playing with raw food for over 4 years. But sadly the most I ever got to was 3o days completely raw. Why do I say sadly because those were the best 30 days of my life. I was so full of energy. My food prep was the easiest ever (after you get the hang of it). I lost some weight and just felt GREAT. So why did I stop, money, social pressures, and family meals together. But I think there is a way to balance this stuff and that is what I aim to do. I aim to be 75-100% raw through this pregnancy and beyond. I want to nourish this body that God gave me as best as I can. I'm very excited!
So here on this blog I will try to post what I am eating, how much exercise I am getting, and thoughts of the day. Now I am not the best at posting on any blog but I will try to do this!
For my past pregnancies I did some raw food times and it was those times that I felt great and my midwife said I was doing so good! My midwife does recommend a lot of meat, dairy, and cooked food. I would not call myself a vegetarian or a vegan. I do believe we are free to eat whatever, however there are consequenses for what we put in our bodies. I think that raw food provides us with what we need nutritionally. I do take a B-12 supplement. I think even meat eaters could use that as a supplement. Anyway, reasearch for yourself. We need live food!
I'll post later how my first day went!

No comments:

Post a Comment