Friday, September 16, 2011

Flax cracker recipe

I thought I would share my diet yesterday. I had a nutrition shake for breakfast from Reliv. Then carrot, barley, & beet juice for a snack. Then I had guac, carrot sticks, and flax crackers with salsa for lunch, yummy! For an afternoon snack I had a fruit salad with mango, apple, strawberries, and grapes, SO good! A small handful of almonds too. Then for dinner was a spinach salad with carrots and honey mustard dressing. I also had one enchilada that was not raw. My family is trying to finish up some cookies and cream ice cream and I confess, I had some. I need things like that out of my house. All in all I feel it was a pretty good day.

My Vita-mix did finally ship today. It was a great deal but I can't praise them on fast shipping. Anyway, sometime next week it will be here! I can't wait I'll probably live on green smoothies for awhile. Great nutrition and I may even lose a little weight. I have so much to loose that it wouldn't hurt my sweet little man.

Speaking of him, he is doing great!!! He moves so much now and makes me ever so anxious to see him. However I have a lot to do before he gets here. I am finding cute cozy sleepers for him and I bought his first blanket. It is so soft and cozy!

Flax Crackers
2 cups flax soaked overnight (makes 4 cups)
1 lime juiced
handful of baby carrots
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
pepper to taste

First put in carrots and lime juice in the food processor and blend, add powders, blend again, add soaked flax, blend again, put onto dehydrator tray sheets and dry at 105. Once they are pretty dry you can peel them off the sheet and then dry them fully. These go great with salsa and guacamole!
Coming tomorrow is my favorite, Raw Fudge!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cracker recipe! I am waiting for my dehydrator to arrive (its just a cheapo though) so I can finally get some more familiar food! BTW - I am maggiesdaddy from rawfoodtalk. I saw your link to your blog and I decided to follow it!

    I have a blog on here called Raw-Daddy. I will be posting recipes and pictures within the week of some of the things I like to make if you want any ideas! I will be following you for some inspiration as well!

    ReplyDelete