Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Menu for today!!

Well, so I got my vita-mix and love it. I used it for several things tonight for dinner. For my cooked food family I made a nice black bean taco filling and chopped onion and cheese in it. I don't care for how it does cheese but oh well. I like to grate cheese. And it is something we shouldn't even be eating anyway.
So for my dinner I had raw enchiladas with raw sour cream made in the vita-mix. I have never had such creamy, smooth raw sour cream. The recipe is:
Raw Sour Cream
1 1/2 C soaked cashews
1 T cider vinegar
1 t lemon juice
1 t salt
1 t miso (I didn't use any)
1/2 C water
Mix it up! It is sweeter than regular sour cream but is wonderful on the enchiladas!
I used raw corn tortillas, and a nice veggie mix that I marinated in worcestershire. I really like worcestershire!
Okay so that was dinner, pretty much all raw. For lunch I had a sandwich on a whole wheat bagel. It is called a world class sandwich and it is pretty good. You saute onion in BBQ sauce and that is your sandwich filling, then top with spinach, tomato, avocado, and any other veggie you want. So not completely raw with the bread and cooking the onion but it is oh so good. I also had carrot & barley juice, of course! Now for dessert!!!
Chocolate Freeze
1 C almond milk
1/4 C raw honey
2 T cocoa powder
2 bananas frozen
2 C ice
I'll put everything in the Vita-mix and blend it up, Yum, yum!
BTW, the vita-mix came with a really nice whole foods cookbook that I am loving. You can easily swap raw foods for certain things and make raw meals! They have a value of $50 just for the book. I think I got a really good deal buying a refurbished vita-mix. It has a 5 yr warranty too! I feel like I am really going to be able to do this raw food lifestyle. Still aiming for 85 % raw for my daily total. However I can see being 100% pretty easy most days. Oh, and my weight was down again! I can already see a difference in my face. I was starting to look pretty fat. Again I am the same weight right now as when I delivered my 5th. So I know I do not need to gain any weight. It can come off the places it's not supposed to be. And baby is getting great nutrition. Now a confession...I still have to kick the caffeine habit. I know it is bad for my baby and can even mean smaller birth weight. I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment