Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week 24~Progress report

Well, things are going very well! I am so happy to report that I am doing and feeling good! My vita-mix has been so much fun to use and the smoothies are sooo good! I have been at least 75% raw. Even while away at church I decided to bring some things so I could stay healthy. They were more than happy to have me eat different. They said not to feel bad at all. There is one man in our fellowship with diabetes and so they understand having to eat different. Food can be your enemy or help you heal. Just depends on what you feed your body.

My daughter and I canned salsa and it is SO good. No not raw but put away for the winter! I love canning salsa. I thought I would post my favorite recipe.

Hot Salsa
15 med tomatoes
3 white onions
12 jalapenos
12 oz tomato paste
2 C white vinegar
2 T salt
2 T sugar
1 bunch of cilantro
2 T lemon juice
Chop all ingredients (I use a food processor, so fast and easy) and combine in a pot and simmer for about 3 hours or until thick. Ladle into hot jars seal with lids, and I do oven canning. I put the jars into the oven, turn it to 250 and then after it gets to 250 I set the timer for 25 minutes. Then just turn off the oven and let them sit until cool. Works every time!

Now the FDA says it is not safe to do that, yet look at what the FDA says IS safe. People have been oven canning things like tomatoes for years and years. There are certain things that need to be pressure canned and I'm just not sure of all that. So do your own research and decide for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment