Saturday, September 17, 2011

Raw Fudge!!!

Okay, I'm not 100% sure how raw this is but I think it is very healthy and it keeps me on track. Just a small, very small piece satisfies any cravings for chocolate or sweets. It is very rich.

Raw Fudge
1 C Coconut oil
1 C Raw Honey
1 C cocoa
Blend all three together well and pour into a container with freezer paper, then freeze, try to catch it just before it is totally solid and you can cut out your little bites and put them in a freezer bag. These are a life saver IMO!

For today I had my carrot, barley, & beet juice. Then a spinach and pineapple smoothie with a little agave. I used my old blender and it is just not doing it, kinda chunky but it was okay. Have I mentioned yet that I can't wait for my vita mix? Then for lunch same as yesterday, guac, salsa, flax crackers, carrot sticks, broccoli, & califlower. It was good. For dinner I had a huge salad with garden tomato, garden cucumber, shredded carrot, romaine lettuce, broccoli, califlower, and sunflower seeds with an italian dressing. It was filling but it is starting to wear off. I have some frozen mango thawing and that is going to be my before bed snack. So yeah a great day food wise!
My weight was down today as well. Obviously while being pregnant my body is burning extra calories anyway, then with proper eating and all that fiber there is almost NO way I could not lose weight. YEAH!!! All the while baby is getting the best nutrition there is. Some people think oh you shouldn't be eating this way while pregnant. It doesn't make sense to me. Look at what cows eat, grass, hay, maybe corn but they are not designed for it, and water. Yet they have an 80-100 lb calf right? Then they have to produce all that milk, do they eat protein?? No, more grass, hay, and water. It's just hard to get over peoples responses to my diet. But it is what makes me feel good. I have 7 children to keep up with I have to do something! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment